Also earlier this week, key Campaign leaders led a learning tour on homelessness for the 2013 Council on Foundations Fall Conference for Community Foundations. The Council on Foundations is a national nonprofit association of more than 1,700 grantmaking foundations and corporations. They strive to provide the opportunity, leadership, and tools needed by philanthropic organizations to expand, enhance, and sustain their ability to advance the common good.
Speakers of our learning tour, “Transforming Our Approaches to Addressing Homelessness” included:
- Jessica Venegas, Director of Strategic Partnerships, 100,000 Homes Campaign;
- Anne Miskey, Executive Director, Funders Together to End Homelessness;
- Shaina Gross, Vice President of Impact Strategies and Mobilization, United Way of San Diego County;
- Jennifer LeSar, Campaign Coordinator of the Campaign to End Homelessness in Downtown San Diego, and President and CEO of LeSar Development Consultants;
- Jennifer Davies, Director of Homeless Outreach, Downtown San Diego Partnership; and
- Jessica Wishan, Director of Community Engagement, PATH – Connections Housing San Diego.
This event included a broad discussion on innovative and impactful public-private partnerships with collaborative funding efforts and effective place-based strategies to end homelessness. Perspectives and insights from the business community and regional funders, as well as national and local leadership on efforts to end homelessness, were also shared.