Save the date! The San Diego Housing Federation’s (SDHF) 22nd Annual Affordable Housing & Community Development Conference is on its way, taking place October 2nd and 3rd at Market Creek Events and Venues. There will be workshop sessions presented by experts from across the country as well as industry training available during the pre-conference Affordable Housing Institute.
The conference has historically had a specific focus on permanent supportive housing, and will again feature a “Supportive Housing Learning Track.” The conference will also feature a panel on Social Impact Bond programs (SIBs) with insight from several Campaign Leadership Team members. The panelists include:
- Jennifer LeSar, President and CEO, LeSar Development Consultants (Moderator)
- Eric Engelman, Director of Innovation and Research, LeSar Development Consultants
- Simonne Ruff, Director, San Diego, Corporation for Supportive Housing
- Peter Callstrom, President and CEO, San Diego Workforce Partnership
- Jason Trimiew, Managing Director, REDF
SIBs are currently being developed in Massachusetts for funding efforts to end homelessness, and have high potential for use in San Diego. If you would like more information on SIBs and how they apply to homelessness, please contact LeSar Development Consultants.
Conference registration opens on August 26th and SDHF is currently on the lookout for sponsors and exhibitors.